500g low protein flour or Bao flour
9g Instant yeast
2tsp double action baking powder
100g fine sugar
230 ml water / Pandan juice (Blend 6 pandan leaves with water) plus 1 tsp vinegar
To make dough:
Mix all ingredients together and knead until it is smooth and elastic. Cover with a damp cloth and leave dough aside to rest for 15-20 minutes.
To wrap Bao:
- Scoop Kaya filling with a small ice cream scoop or 1/2 Tbsp to make balls.
- Divide dough into 50g each.
- Flatten dough and wrap the filling.
- Let it rest for 40 minutes or till Bao is double in size.
- Steam Bao for 15 minutes.
[As seen in nyonyafood.rasamalaysia.com]